Tuesday 3 September 2013

Last Minute Worries...

Tomorrow we pack the van for the 1000 mile journey to Austria, compared to other trips this is a relatively simple drive and I would imagine a very beautiful drive.

This week has been full of preparations for the Inclusion TV event coming up. I have checked all the technical equipment twice, bought new cables, charged batteries and ticked lots of boxes on lists. I have also booked hotels for the drive, booked the ferry to take us off this small island on which we live. 

But no matter how much you prepare and pack there will always be something left behind. I will let you know half way through the journey what vital equipment has been left behind.

But the most precious thing we always leave behind is our family and our home, the ones we love. But then this is why we do these amazing international projects. To create new opportunities for young people so they can go on and find future happiness and a place they can call home.

I am truly excited about the challenging week ahead, I am nervous about language barriers and working with new people but I am also aware if we get this training right the benefits to young people will be huge. Many German and Austrian professionals will go away thinking about inclusion and young people in a different way.

This is the work I do and I believe at times it is one of the greatest jobs in the world. Wish us luck and we will tell you the story of how it goes through this blog.

Posted by Paul (UK Trainer)

PS

What I also forgot to say is when you leave loved ones behind the most amazing feeling is when you see them again on your return! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.